Every year on May 1st, hundreds of thousands of leftists all over the world mobilize for “International Worker’s Day”. While this opportunity is used by many to advocate for every cause on the intersectional social justice spectrum, (feminism, LGBT rights, immigrant rights, anti-Islamophobia, etc.) the main theme is a celebration of communism. It’s not uncommon to see people marching through the streets waving flags with the hammer and sickle, carrying banners glorifying mass murdering dictators, vandalizing and firebombing buildings, or openly advocating for murder.
2018 was no exception. Here are just some of the pictures from this year:
While violent antifa extremists in Paris firebombed businesses and torched police cruisers, the May Day activities were surprisingly mild in the US. Outside of some police cruisers being vandalized and the arrest of three Red Guards members in Charlotte, most May Day protesters opted to peacefully demand a larger more authoritarian state. Although criminal activity was surprisingly low this year, the violent rhetoric from militant antifa groups absolutely escalated. The Los Angeles cell of the Red Guards celebrated the holiday by organizing a small march, hanging a Trump Effigy, and giving a speech that they then published to their blog.
Here are some key quotes from that speech.
They open by declaring their solidarity with the other Maosist Red Guards cells who are working to replicate the work of the communist dictator, Mao Zedong, who murdered tens of millions of people:
“We stand in solidarity with the Red Guards and principally Maoist collectives who are working towards the creation of the Maoist Party. We stand in solidarity with Maoist parties across the world who are committed to building socialism and fighting revisionism through People’s War!”
Here they make it clear that they seek to militarize the masses and create an army:
“What needs to be done is the concentric construction of the three weapons of revolution: the Maoist Party, the Maoist People’s Army, and the Maoist United Front. What needs to be done is to militarize the masses and all the pre-Party Maoist formations!”
Here they openly call for “military actions” against their enemies (basically anyone who is not a communist):
“We must prepare today, yesterday and tomorrow for the prolong confrontation, the protracted war, against the capitalist state. We must carry out military actions against the enemies of the people!”
They then declare war on a bunch of different groups of people and follow that up with several quotes about how they are committed to revolutionary violence:
- “Our country’s working class knows only two roads: barbarism or socialism. And both require violence but only in the latter is that violence revolutionary and mastered by the proletariat, its Party and the masses.”
- Our task is clear: only through revolutionary violence can the masses create real political power!
- The masses are fighting back and we will guide them toward victory through revolutionary violence and warfare!
So just to recap; this communist militia group:
- openly supports a communist dictator who brutally killed millions of people
- openly advocates for targeted political violence against their enemies
- and openly encourages armed insurrection against the U.S. government
With the information we have provided there should be zero doubt that the Red Guards constitute a legitimate security concern not only to the citizens of Los Angeles but to the general public as well. Considering that just under a year ago a far-left extremist opened fire on a GOP Congressional baseball practice game, I sincerely hope our reporting results in an investigation by the authorities. Here is how you can take just a few minutes and help us make sure that happens:
- Submit a tip to the FBI. Make sure to include this archived version of the document outlined above as well as the link to our full report.
- Call the FBI’s Los Angeles field office at (310) 477-6565 and make sure they know there is an LA based extremist group openly advocating for political violence.
- Share this article, use the hashtag #InvestigateAntifa and tag @FBILosAngeles
The mission of Far Left Watch is to investigate, expose, and combat the far-left.